Tell Your Member of Parliament that Canada Must Do More
It is vital that Members of Parliament and the Government hear from their constituents.
- Find your Member of Parliament on the House of Commons website
- Consider using one of the sample letters below as a template
- Express your thanks for Canada's commitment to NATO and the Canadian military contingent in Latvia
- Make your appeal personal and concise
- Email is an acceptable way to communicate with your MP
- Letters may be sent by mail to any Member of Parliament postage-free (House of Commons, Ottawa ON K1A 0A6)
- Include your full name, address, and telephone number—this is particularly important when contacting your own MP. You are much likelier to receive a response if you are a constituent.
Please copy the Latvian National Federation in Canada on your correspondence (firstname.lastname@example.org) and keep us informed of the responses you receive.
Please also consider writing to the following:
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
- Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland
- Foreign Affairs Minister Melanie Joly
- National Defence Minister Anita Anand
- Interim Conservative Party Leader Candice Bergen
- NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh
- Bloc Québécois Leader Yves-Francois Blanchet
- Green Party Parliamentary Leader Elizabeth May
- Canadian NATO Parliamentary Association Vice-Chairs Julie Dzerowicz, MP, and Cheryl Gallant, MP