Latvia Relief and Development Fund
The Latvia Relief and Development Fund (LRDF) is a registered Canadian charity that provides Canadians with the opportunity to support aid projects in Latvia.
The LRDF and its agents:
- Carry out programs to relieve poverty in Latvia and provide humanitarian aid;
- Carry out programs to support the elderly and handicapped;
- Carry out educational programs, especially for young people.
Since 1990, the LRDF has funded fifteen projects. In the last six years, the LRDF has supported projects in Latvia with close to $800,000. Of these fifteen projects, three are still active and in need of support:
- the Pasaka summer camp for orphans;
- post-secondary scholarships through the Vītolu Fonds;
- Museum of the Occupation of Latvia.
These projects need your support!
Cheques can be made out to the “Latvia Relief and Development Fund”. If you are contributing to a specific project, include the name in the "note" portion of your cheque. Individual donors will receive a receipt for income tax purposes.
Address: “LRDF”, 4 Credit Union Drive, Toronto ON M4A 2N8
- Chair: Roberts Klaiše
- Vice-chair: Andris Kesteris
- Director, Membership & Secretary:
- Director: Auseklis Zaķis
- Daina Brauna
- Vilis Miklašēvics
- Sibilla Korule